4 Christmas Treats For Your Ball Mason Jars
It's almost Christmas and that can only mean one thing - Christmas treats! If you ever needed a reason to indulge, let it be this:
'Tis the season to be merry!'
...and what could possibly make you merrier than a row of Ball Mason Jars stuffed full of delicious Xmas desserts?
As it is also the season of giving, we give you 4 amazingly simple DIY Christmas treats to serve in your Ball Mason Glass Jars. Not only will our simple recipes taste good, they will look amazing too. Minimum effort, maximum appeal - which is exactly what we all need at the busiest time of the year.
Quicky Christmas Cake in a Jar
- 600g mixed dried fruits
- 150ml whisky
- 200g butter
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 lemons
- 150g whole glacé cherries
- Ready rolled icing
- Soak the dried fruits in the whiskey, then put them aside for at least half an hour.
- Grease and line a cake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients (except the cherries). Beat everything with an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Fold in the soaked dried fruits and now add the cherries.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and pat to level. Bake for 1 and a half hours or until firm and golden brown.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then spoon the cake into your Ball mason glass jars.
- Use the top of your jar to measure out a circle of ready rolled icing and place on top of your mixture. Add a cherry on top!
Easy Eggnog in a Jar
- 50g caster sugar
- 397g can of condensed milk
- 100ml brandy
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Let the sugar simmer in a saucepan with 75ml of water. When the sugar has dissolved, let it cool while you get on with the other bits.
Beat the yolks with the vanilla until you have a smooth consistency. Add condensed milk, brandy and the cooled sugar syrup.
Mix the entire contents together then pour it into your Ball mason glass jar. Leave the contents in the fridge for a couple of hours at least. Serve with or without ice and enjoy!
Minute(s) Mulled Wine in a Jar
- 1 small bottle of red wine
- 1 sliced orange
- 3 dried figs
- 4 cloves
- 3 black peppercorns
- 50ml brandy
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour the red wine into a saucepan and add the orange, cinnamon, dried figs, cloves and black peppercorns. Simmer the ingredients until just starting to bubble.
- Turn off the heat then let the ingredients sit for a while to cool. Once warm, stir in the brandy. Ladle into your Ball mason glass jars and add a slice of orange to garnish
'Over in a jiffy' Orange Chocolate Drink in a Jar
- 150ml milk
- 50ml double cream
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 25ml orange liqueur
- Pour the milk, orange zest and cream into a saucepan and allow to simmer on a low heat. Pour the mixture through a sieve to remove the orange zest.
- Pour the entire contents into the saucepan and add the chopped chocolate, then stir until velvety smooth.
- Reheat the mixture in the pan and add the orange liqueur. Leave to cool completely (Do not put hot items in your cold or non-heated jars) then pour into your Ball mason glass jar. Add marshmallows for a touch of decadence!