Eat healthily AND save money with a Ball Mason Glass Jar
Storing and preserving food is easy and can save you money...especially when you're trying to eat more healthily.
Ball Mason Jars Can Save You Money
Opting for store bought healthier snacks can get expensive. So why not prepare healthy snacks and meals in bulk and store them in your Ball Mason Glass Jars? - it could be a time saving and cost effective option for you and your family. The truth is, meal prepping in advance can be great if you have particular dietary requirements or are a busy parent - anything that helps the manic rush of the school run is a 'win' in our books!
Preparing your own meals and snacks from scratch also means that you know exactly what is going into your food - no hidden nasties!
There are a few different methods that can be used to store and preserve food for longer periods of time. Canning, freezing, fermenting and curing are some of the most popular (always check use by dates and storage times when preserving food). Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages - but simply putting your preprepared meals in a Ball Mason Jar for the next day can A: Deter you from grabbing an unhealthy snack B: Replace expensive takeaways or ready meals when you are short on time.
There are so many delicious recipes for meal prepping in your Ball Mason Jars!
Creamy Super Foods Smoothie
Greek Salad with Marinated Feta
Healthy Meals in Ball Mason Glass Jars
Eating more healthily is an important step to improving your physical and mental wellbeing. So if you are keen to hit those healthy eating goals for 2023 - a bit of preplanning could make things alot easier!
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Including a variety of whole foods in your diet - fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins can help to improve the way your body functions, giving you more energy and keeping you regular. You can prepare meals that include these things and store them in your Ball Mason Jars. Having them in sight is also a great reminder to eat more healthily!
- Cutting back on processed and refined foods, such as white bread and white rice could mean that you fill that space with healthier options. Why not buy a range of grains, pulses and lentils and store them in your Ball Mason Jars? Display them on your shelves for an immediate kitchen upgrade!
- Incorporating healthy fats into your diet, such as nuts and seeds, olive oil, and avocado is easy when you have them to hand. Display your nuts and seeds in your Ball Mason jars and grab a few on the go - this is a great life hack for the kids too.
- Start reading food labels and watch out for hidden sugars and salt. Making your own food and storing it in your Ball Mason Jars means you know exactly what you are eating - this is as important for you as it is for your entire family.
- If you find yourself often over eating, you can plan your meals and portions - preparing just what you need in your Ball Mason Jars. You can do this for the evening meal or for ALL meals and snacks.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and flush out toxins. If you prefer filtered water, you can store your filtered water in your Ball Mason Jars and add fruit for a little flavour and a vitamin boost.
- If you find yourself skipping meals due to a busy work schedule, you could be missing out on essential vitamins and minerals. Prepping your meals - like some healthy overnight oats - means you won't need the extra time to make meals, especially breakfast in the morning.
Check out our easy overnight oats in a Ball Mason Jar video below!: