Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes about 4 (16 oz) pint jars or 8 (8 oz) half-pint jars
Tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro. When you taste this salsa, you'll claim it as your own recipe!
You will need
- 7 cups diced, seeded, peeled and cored tomatoes (about 5 lb or 15 medium)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp bottled lime juice
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process both pint and half pint jars for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.